NameCheap Domain Name Review
Every website starts out with a great domain name. Couple that with outstanding service PLUS a Free WhoIs privacy setting for life. Woo Hoo!
By Cary Huff
NameCheap Domain Name
What Should I Do Now ?
Remember: Every Failure is a step closer to success.
The main thing is to just get started on your journey or even if you’ve already started, but are stuck just remember this saying that has helped us along the way: “Progress NOT Perfection”.
You’re going to mess up along the way, and that’s okay. Mess up, and mess up a lot, that way you’ll learn from your mistakes, correct them, and move on. Your blog or website or even looking up relevant keywords for a page or a post might not be as easy as you thought. You’ll get better with time & experience. Not only that you’ll get quicker at it. 😉
At Beachside Web Services we’re cheering you on for success in anything that you want to do. We believe in you.
Affiliate Disclosure: * We hope that you love the products that we recommend. Just to be totally transparent you should know that some of the links on our website are affiliate links and we do make a small commission from any sales that are made. It doesn’t cost you any extra though. Thanks for your support!
We Love & Use NameCheap to Buy & Sell Domain Names
Click the image to get started
Can't Stand Reading?
We Made A Video of This Blog Post For You.
Need a Domain Name Generator ?
Stuck picking a name for your website?
We totally understand. You may be a little overwhelmed especially if this is all new for you. We found a website that offers help in picking a possible name for your business or website.
It’s called Lean Domain Generator. Just click on the Image below, and it will take you to their website. Have fun with it & share this post with your friends.
Free Domain Name Generator
Here’s a quick look on how to get the most out of the domain name generator.
~ Tip: Try to get the (.com) if you can. You also want to keep your new name as short as possible so it’s easy for people to remember (and to tell others).
What's the Definition of a Domain Name ?
Without getting too technical, and putting you to sleep a Domain Name is your website address so people can find you. Computers use an IP (Internet Protocol) address which has a long string of numbers. Us mere mortals would NEVER remember all of those numbers so they were kind enough to use Domain Names instead.
Who owns the Domain Name ?
The legal owner is the person or organisation listed as the domain’s registrant or owner’s contact. As long as the pay the yearly renewal fee that entity owns the domain name. As soon as you stop paying for it, it goes back up for sale, and anyone can buy it.
Can I Look Up a Domain Name on Google?
Yes you can. Google can be quite helpful for finding information that you might not normally be aware of. It can also be great for giving you ideas that you may not have thought about before your search.
WhoIs Privacy Protection is FREE for Life!
You get it all, Great prices, outstanding service, and FREE WhoIs Privacy Protection for Life!
Click the image to buy your domain name.
Most frequent questions and answers
Yes. How are people going to find you/your website without it ?
Yes, as long as you pay the yearly renewal fee.
No. The only way someone else can get your domain name is if you either give it to them or sell it to them.
The .com form is preferred to have, but you can also use .co, .net, .org, plus many other options that you’ll see when you search for your domain name on NameCheap.
- Click on one of our affiliate links to go to NameCheap.com.
- Choose a domain name to see if it’s available.
- Choose how many years you want to buy it for.
- Select any extra’s that you want (you shouldn’t need any extra’s at this point).
- Pay for your domain name.
WhoIs privacy protection cloaks your personal information so you won’t get spammed via, email or rude phone calls trying to sell you something. This privacy option is FREE for life where other companies charge yearly for it. This option alone is worth it’s weight in gold.
WhoIs Domain Name Lookup ?
Why would I look up a domain name on WhoIs? If you want a particular domain name, and it’s taken go to WhoIs to find out who owns it. You can contact them, and see if they’ll sell it to you if you want it. If the domain name has a website on it, and it’s current they’re most likely not going to sell it though.
When looking for a Domain Name company we look for Price, Security, and Customer Support.
- Price: We use to be with another major domain name player, but we left them for 2 major reasons: 1. Their prices were higher (sometimes much higher) than NameCheap, and 2. They kept on spamming us with offers, and upsells via emails, and phone calls. One time they “called” us to see if our phone number was correct. Really? They just wanted an excuse to sell us something. That was the final straw so we went looking, and found NameCheap, and we couldn’t be happier.
- Security: We wanted “WhoIs” protection so we wouldn’t get hassled to death by emails, and phone calls. The WhoIs privacy protection with the other big domain name player wants up to $14.99/year. You’re probably thing that’s not much. Consider this. We have about 40 websites; at $14.99 per site that comes out to $599.60 extra we’d have to put out per year on Privacy Protection. NameCheap gives that FREE FOR LIFE!
- Customer Support: To quote NameCheap: Above all else, we strive to deliver outstanding customer experiences. When you buy a domain name from Namecheap, we guarantee it will be handed over to you with superior standards of service and support. Our primary goal is to build a customer-focused atmosphere filled with the happiest customers in the galaxy. The Namecheap guarantee is our mark of excellence.
- When we bought our first domain name from them we were very pleased with the ease, and even follow up emails we got asking if everything went okay with the transaction, and was there anything they could do for us.
How Much Is a Domain Name ?
- We’ve bought domain names for as little as $0.98 cents each. Of course that had the (.xyz) ending on it, but we didn’t particularly need a “.com” at the time. Depending on availability we’ve seen (.com’s) go for as little as $9.95. There are of course very desirable domain names that cost quite a bit more.
Can I Make Money Buying & Selling Domain Names ?
The short answer is maybe. The long answer is that it depends on how much you bought it for, and what the demand is for it. It doesn’t even have to have a (.com) to be desirable, and for you to possibly make money on it. Take a look at the image, and you’ll see that (.net), and (.xyz) is also selling for a price way over what they would have normally paid for it. Keep an eye out for markets that are changing or you think are going to change in the future. Take Gold & Silver for example. People are betting that Gold & Silver are going to go up, way up, and so they possibly bought these domains to cash in when, and if precious metals prices rise. When the metals go higher the domain names may go higher as well (they also may go lower). This does not mean that you’re going to make money buying and selling domain names. You could even lose money. We’re just giving you information that we’ve seen.
What Domain Name Should I Use ?
That depends on a couple of factors.
- What type of business you have ?
- Is that particular domain name available ?
- Is a (.com) available ?
- Have you tried different variations of your desired name ?
Looking For Cheap Domain Name Registrations ?
You found it with NameCheap.
- Starting at .98 cents per domain name.
- Free Lifetime WhoIs Privacy Protection.
- They strive to deliver outstanding experiences.
- A marketplace to buy & sell your domains &
- They add your domain(s) to a searchable list that visited by thousands of people everyday hunting for that perfect domain name.
- The best available support from managing, to selling, to renewing.
Looking For Awesome Website Hosting ?
We use Siteground exclusively.
Check out our informative Blog post about it (CLICK HERE).
See which plan is most appropriate for you:
- The StartUp plan is perfect for people with one website that are starting now. (If you’re thinking about doing affiliate marketing you might want to consider the “GrowBig” plan. We have approximately 40 websites on that plan.
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money offer, including the option for multiple websites and the SuperCacher that greatly improves a WordPress and Joomla website speed
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites, or more geeky development needs like staging and GIT integration
Are you going to let slow website load times
drive your potential customers crazy & into your competitions arms?
What CMS (Content Management Systems) does Siteground Support ?
CMS is software that’s used to create, and manage digital content (your files of your blog/website). Most of the CMS systems are free however some will ‘brand’ your website or blog with their name either in the URL or somewhere on your website. To remove the branding you have to pay monthly for it, and they don’t give you the flexibility that WordPress does. Here are some different CMS Systems.
What Web Hosting Should I Get ?
There are a lot of different web hosting options to choose from out there. It can be difficult if you’ve never been in the ‘online market‘ before, and have had some experience dealing with problems that arise.
We’re not going to tell you which hosting you should use, but we will share with you what’s working for us now. Our whole reason for this blog post is to help steer you clear of potential problems down the track that could cost you dearly in time, frustration, and money. Heck there are even some ‘Free hosting options’. Just remember that you get what you pay for.
We absolutely love Siteground, and as long as they keep doing what they’re doing, we will stay with them.
Is There a Money Back Guarantee with Siteground ?
Absolutely. If you’re not satisfied Siteground offers a 30-Day money back guarantee if you’re not happy.
With Siteground’s extremely fast servers, award winning 24/7 customer support, Free SSL, and CDN plus having been named the Official WordPress recommended host, we can’t see why you wouldn’t love them also.
Siteground offers the Cloudflare CDN for all of it’s shared hosting plans.