Siteground Website Hosting Review
When you need it most at a great price, outstanding service, fast website load times, and a security-first mindset.
By Cary Huff
Siteground Web Hosting
What Should I Do Now ?
The main thing is to just get started on your journey or even if you’ve already started, but are stuck just remember this saying that has helped us along the way: “Progress NOT Perfection”.
You’re going to mess up along the way, and that’s okay. Mess up, and mess up a lot, that way you’ll learn from your mistakes, correct them, and move on. Your blog or website or even looking up relevant keywords for a page or a post might not be as easy as you thought. Remember when you first learned how to walk as a baby? Did you stop the first time you fell down? Hardly. What did you do? You got back up, and tried it again until you fell again. Now as you’ve gotten older you don’t even think about walking do you? You just do it. The same thing most likely will happen if you keep going with anything that you try out that’s new. You’ll get better, and better. Not only that you’ll get quicker at it.
At Beachside Web Services we’re cheering you on for success in anything that you want to do. We believe in you. Now you have to believe in yourself.
Watch the Video if You Don't Like Reading the Blog Post.
We tried a website hosting company that is very popular, and is rather cheap. Trying to save some money we found out wasn’t the smartest idea. Why?
4 reasons to choose or switch to Siteground.
1. We had approximately 40 WordPress websites on our old hosting platform, and every one of them got malware on them. After doing a little research about that company we found out that that we weren’t the only one getting our sites infected. What really shocked us was that they offered a service to clean up malware for around $2-300 a site. WOW! Even at $200 a site times 40 websites, that’s $8,000 out of pocket. Isn’t that kind of them. This not only happened once, but twice with this hosting provider, and that’s why we went shopping for another safer hosting provider.
2. Our old hosting provider didn’t offer Free, and easy website transfer if I wanted to change from one hosting provider to another. It was so easy with Siteground. They offer 1 Free website transfer (if you have the GrowBig plan, and higher) if you have a complicated transfer to deal with, BUT Siteground also created a Free plugin for unlimited website migrations that you can upload to any WordPress website (for any plan). We had almost 40 sites to transfer, and this alone saved us a HUGE amount of time, and headaches. We know of no other hosting company that offers a plugin like this at this time.
3. Our website load time was so slow. It took about 7-10 seconds to load some of our websites which is WAY TOO SLOW. As soon as I switched to Siteground our load time dropped by 4 seconds just by switching providers.
Affiliate Disclosure: * We hope that you love the products that we recommend. Just to be totally transparent you should know that some of the links on our website are affiliate links and we do make a small commission from any sales that are made. It doesn’t cost you any extra though. Thanks for your support!
~ Tip: Google doesn’t like slow website load times, but what’s worse is your potential clients don’t like it either. Think about it, how many times have you gone to a website, and it loaded slowly, and you went to someone else’s website to buy their product ? The average time people who leave your website is if it doesn’t load within 3 seconds. Click Here or on the image to take you to Google’s page speed test to see how fast your website loads.
~ If you’re not happy with your page load speed time give us a shout, and we can discuss what it takes to get you where you want to be.
4. You get what you pay for don’t you? Have you ever tried to cut corners, and save a few bucks only to have it come back, and bite you in the butt? This is a lesson you will experience over, and over until you learn the lesson. We learned.
Don’t let slow load times put your customers to sleep!
Most frequent questions and answers
Yes. You’re basically buying/renting space on a web host server to put your files into so when someone looks up your URL (Domain Name) they will be directed to your website.
You can build a website on your computer, but then no one can access it (your files) to see it because they haven’t been uploaded to a server.
You sure can if you have lots of time, money, and the technical expertise in doing so. You’ll need to design it, have a powerful computer, with a good processor, and lots of RAM. plus you’ll need an operating system like Linux or Windows. Then you have to be able to not only run it, but be able to repair it when it breaks.
To make a long story short you don’t have to have the technical expertise to keep it maintained, and running plus for the little bit of money it costs to rent space on a server (Web Hosting), it’s so much easier so you can focus on your blog or website.
If you talk to 10 different people we’re sure you’d probably get 10 different answers however we’ve tried out different hosting providers, and we’re extremely pleased with Siteground Website Hosting. We knocked off 3-4 seconds for our website load time when you type in our URL compared to “the other” hosting company. That’s huge. Not only that we haven’t had our websites hit with malware which can be very expensive to clean up.
Have you heard the saying that you get what you pay for ? How did that work out for you in the past ? We know that you’re trying to save money, BUT in the long run it could end up costing you more money. We found out the hard way. Learn from our mistakes so you don’t have to.
Siteground Web Hosting Reviews?
We belong to many different Facebook groups to keep us up to date with the latest, and greatest that only focus on website development, and the different tools, and software that they use, and are pleased with. They also sound off about the ones that they are very disappointed in or would never use again.. We take these reviews or recommendations seriously because they’re not paid to say that they’re good nor do they have an affiliate link to the product or software that they love.
When looking for a Website Hosting company we look for Reliability, Page Speed, Security, and Customer Support.
- Reliability: Siteground has an uptime of 99.99% which is awesome so you or your site won’t have downtime like some hosting providers can have. If someone goes to your website, and it’s not there because of the host what do you think they’re going to do?
- PageSpeed: Siteground has knocked almost 4 seconds of site load time compared to the ‘other’ hosting we used to use. Their average speed is 681ms.
- Security: Most people when looking for web hosting look mainly for the cheapest price because they’re on a budget. They don’t take into account other factors like Security. It could end up costing much much more in the long run to clean up a site that’s been hacked or has malware (computer viruses, trojan horses, worms, ransomware, spyware, adware, & scareware) on it.
- Customer Support: Siteground has an extremely knowledgeable & fast support staff available 24/7. Their support is second to none.
What's the Cost for Website Hosting ?
- We’ve seen some site hosting for as low as $2.95 a month. Sometimes it’s not about the price, but what benefits a particular website hosting company provides.
Beachside Web Services only builds websites on the WordPress CMS platform. Why you ask? Because it’s easier for our clients if they want to make a few minor changes on their website they can. They don’t have to go out, and hire a website developer to change something easy that a client wouldn’t have to know about, AND in most cases they don’t need to know html or css coding.
Siteground Website Hosting starts out at $4.95 a month with a recharging fee of $11.95 a month (prices subject to change, and should only be used as a general guide), and prices go up depending on which plan you choose. If you are an or going to be a Blogger, an Affiliate Marketer, or have more than 1 website (which is easy to do) you might want to consider the “GrowBig” Plan. It’s costs only a couple of dollars more, and you can add up to 20GB of space (we have approximately 40 websites on this particular plan).
Why are Sitegrounds prices somewhat higher than other hosting plans ? For most people who are just starting out they aren’t aware of what is needed or what they should get. For most other hosting companies these can be quite expensive when you add it all up, but with Siteground it comes FREE with your hosting.
Check it out, these are FREE with Siteground that other companies can charge for:
- Letsencrypt SSL (the padlock for your site).
- Site Transfer (Migration Plugin)
- Cloudflare CDN (Content Delivery Network). There are 155 data centers around the world, and Cloudflare caches a version of your website, and any static resources, and then it cleverly delivers it to who’s ever visiting your website based on their location hence which speeds up how fast your page loads.
- Siteground Auto Update Tool: This feature is worth it’s weight in GOLD because when you’re in the WordPress auto updating section settings – WordPress AutoUpdate stores a ‘backup’ of your website each time it performs an update. If something happens to your website then just select your website, and select the ‘restore’ button. How great is that ? All included in the price.
- Custom Emails: Some hosting companies charge $9/month for EACH custom email – not Siteground. What does a custom email look like ? [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected] . This looks so much more professional than having a ‘[email protected]’ or ‘[email protected]’ etc…… doesn’t it ? BTW: If you’e doing affiliate marketing some companies won’t let you sign up for their affiliate marketing if you don’t have a custom email. Why ? It doesn’t look professional, and that you don’t know what you’re doing or have what it takes to promote their products.
Which Hosting Plan Is Right For Me ?
See which plan is most appropriate for you:
- The StartUp plan is perfect for people with one website that are starting now. (If you’re thinking about doing affiliate marketing you might want to consider the “GrowBig” plan. We have approximately 40 websites on that plan).
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money offer, including the option for multiple websites and the SuperCacher that greatly improves a WordPress and Joomla website speed
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites, or more geeky development needs like staging and GIT integration
Are you going to let slow website load times
drive your potential customers crazy & into your competitions arms?
What CMS (Content Management Systems) does Siteground Support ?
CMS is software that’s used to create, and manage digital content (your files of your blog/website). Most of the CMS systems are free however some will ‘brand’ your website or blog with their name either in the URL or somewhere on your website. To remove the branding you have to pay monthly for it, and they don’t give you the flexibility that WordPress does. Here are some different CMS Systems.
We highly recommend WordPress as your CMS System. Why? It’s very customisable, very reliable, and it’s got a lot of plugins that you can use to do just about anything you want with your website or blog.
What Web Hosting Should I Get ?
There are a lot of different web hosting options to choose from out there. It can be difficult if you’ve never been in the ‘online market‘ before, and have had some experience dealing with problems that arise.
We’re not going to tell you which hosting you should use, but we will share with you what’s working for us now. Our whole reason for this blog post is to help steer you clear of potential problems down the track that could cost you dearly in time, frustration, and money. Heck there are even some ‘Free hosting options’. Just remember that you get what you pay for.
We absolutely love Siteground, and as long as they keep doing what they’re doing, we will stay with them.
Is There a Money Back Guarantee with Siteground ?
Absolutely. If you’re not satisfied Siteground offers a 30-Day money back guarantee if you’re not happy.
With Siteground’s extremely fast servers, award winning 24/7 customer support, Free SSL, and CDN plus having been named the Official WordPress recommended host, we can’t see why you wouldn’t love them also.
Siteground offers the Cloudflare CDN for all of it’s shared hosting plans.
Do you need a Great Domain Name Provider ?
We found it with NameCheap.
We have a great Blog Post about them, and which we believe you’ll enjoy, (CLICK HERE).
NameCheap has Price, FREE Lifetime Privacy Protection, and outstanding service/support.
Click the image below to take you directly to NameCheap!